Breaking news: Ava allowed me to brush her teeth tonight! She opened her mouth and I actually brushed all of her teeth without having to hold her down. It was glorious. In other news, we all had our flu shots today and Lucy had her 6 month check up. That wasn't pretty. Ava had to be held down by Jeremy and 2 nurses while another gave her the shot in her leg. It was a quick shot, but the process had her screaming so loud that the entire office wondered who was torturing her. Afterward, she went back to playing with the toys in the office like nothing happened and told the doctor all about her Tiny Pteranadon costume for Halloween. Weird. Then we went to Coldstone and got her some chocolate ice cream. Lucy did not like her shots at all either, poor baby screamed until her little face was red as a tomato. Then she crashed in the carrier while we walked with Ava around Grossmont Center. Dr. Boone is a little concerned that Lucy isn't sitting up well yet, but she thinks it could be the harness or her hips. By December she should be sitting stable and all caught up. We are keeping an eye on it and giving her more "tummy time" and encouraging strength in her torso. She is constantly held by everyone so I guess it isn't a surprise. She is just so snuggly that it is hard to put her down!
Tonight when I was putting Ava to bed I was reminded of why I love being a mom. We were laying in her bed having just finished singing "Twinkle" and "Abby's Flying Fairy School" when she closed her eyes and put her little arm around my neck, pulling me right up to her face, and fell asleep. It was just such a precious moment that I forgot about all of my frustrations with the potty and tantrums and all of the 2 year old struggles and just felt so extraordinarily lucky to have my little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment